The Tesla CHadeMO Adapter does not come with the vehicle and must be purchased separately.
Courtesy of Tesla
*Limited to 125 amps DC or roughly 50 kW of power, regardless of the charging stations capability.
Ex. Using the Tesla CHAdeMO adapter at a 200 kW DC Fast charging station, the adapter is still limited to roughly 50 kW when charging.
How to use:
1. Attach the CHAdeMO adapter to the end of the charge cable by lining up the adapter with the charge cable and pushing until it snaps into place.
2. Plug the CHAdeMO adapter into your Tesla vehicle and wait for the vehicle to engage a latch that hold the adapter in place.
3. Follow the instructions on the Francis Energy charging station to start the charging session.
When charging is complete:
1. Press and hold the button on the CHAdeMO adapter, wait for the vehicle's latch to retract, then pull the adapter out of the charge port.
2. Push the charge port door closed.
3. Unplug the CHAdeMo adapter from the charging station and store it in an appropriate location.